Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Apostate: Mike Atkins, River Crossing Church, Jackson, Wyoming



Dreams from the LORD 2011
28 January 2011

Here is today’s entry from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers; it really bore witness with my spirit:

January 28th

"Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me?" Acts 26:14

“Am I set on my own way for God? We are never free from this snare until we are brought into the experience of the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire. Obstinacy and self-will will always stab Jesus Christ. It may hurt no one else, but it wounds His Spirit. Whenever we are obstinate and self-willed and set upon our own ambitions, we are hurting Jesus. Every time we stand on our rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Jesus. Whenever we stand on our dignity we systematically vex and grieve His Spirit; and when the knowledge comes home that it is Jesus Whom we have been persecuting all the time, it is the most crushing revelation there could be.

“Is the word of God tremendously keen to me as I hand it on to you, or does my life give the lie to the things I profess to teach? I may teach sanctification and yet exhibit the spirit of Satan, the spirit that persecutes Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Jesus is conscious of one thing only - a perfect oneness with the Father, and He says, ‘Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart.’ All I do ought to be founded on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that I can be easily put upon, easily over-reached, easily ignored; but if I submit to it for His sake, I prevent Jesus Christ being persecuted.”

This preceding passage from My Utmost for His Highest reminds me so much of some “Christians” that I have met in my life. They will do a work “for the Lord”, but all it is self-will with a little Jesus or a few Bible verses sprinkled on top. There is no life in them; they are spiritually dead; they don’t really know the Lord. Then someone like myself comes along and asks them, “Did the Lord TELL you to do this?” or “Are you OBEYING the Lord?” Usually they get angry or confused or both and they are usually very antagonistic toward my life of obedience to the Lord.

These people study and study and study the Bible or go to church “faithfully” three times or seven times a week or involve themselves in some other man-made spiritual exercise, but they reject Christ. They are the Christians with the “Christ” left out. Christ means “anointing” or “the anointed one.” These people are really Christian Pharisees and they miss the forest for the trees or Christ for the Bible verses (Bible Verse Idolatry). These people are into Bible Verse Righteousness, not Christ Righteousness. They are white-washed walls; they are very anti-Christ.

I don’t care for the word “theology.” Theology means “the study of God.” Before you can study a frog, you have to kill it first. We are created by God (the Word); we are washed in His Precious Blood: who are WE to study Him?! What horrible arrogance! We are here to embrace the Lord, to follow the Lord, to obey the Lord. Leo Tolstoy once wrote that theology is the Satanism of religion. I don’t think Tolstoy was a Christian, but he did believe in God. Even unbelievers can speak truth once in a while.

In the United States, the persecution I see most against those who follow Christ comes in Christian wrapping—wolves in sheep’s clothing.

John 5: 36-40: “But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”

“And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.”


_____

Dreams from the LORD 2003-2006
12 October 2005

A week or so ago I had a dream, but I have waited till now to write it down. In the dream, I was sitting in a chair in a hallway and this man walked up to me and asked me, “If I know a man is in sin, shouldn’t I rebuke him?” I said something like, “Yes, if it is God’s will, you should rebuke him.” He then opened a door to an office. Sitting at the desk of the office was Pastor Mike Atkins of the Jackson Hole Christian Center [now renamed River Crossing Church—this added 28 September 2007] in Jackson, Wyoming. The man stood at the desk and told Pastor Atkins, “This church is dead and apostate and you need to repent of your sin.” The man and Pastor Atkins talked for a while. Just before the dream ended, I saw the face of Mrs. Atkins (the pastor’s wife): she was frowning; her countenance was fallen.

River Crossing Church, Jackson, Wyoming
The Decline of the Oral Roberts Dynasty
Overcome With Great Sorrow
A Parable About Lukewarm, American Christianity
". . .that which you have spoken in the ear in secret rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops." (Luke 12: 2-3) 
Get Out of Jackson, Wyoming!

_____

A great example of a Satanic Christian would be Pastor Gary Pilcher of First Assembly of God in Ames, Iowa.  I went to church at First Assembly for two years back in 1988-1990.  One time I told the congregation that the Lord had cast hundreds of demons out of my body.  As I walked out the church building, Gary Pilcher walked up to me and told me that my testimony glorified Satan.  When Gary Pilcher said that, he blasphemed the Holy Ghost.  Blaspheming the Holy Ghost is THE unpardonable sin.  Gary Pilcher will never get saved.  He is probably still preaching from a proper pulpit--I am guessing at First Assembly of God in Ames.

Mark 3: 22-30:  "And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.  And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?   And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.   And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.   And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.  No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.   Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:   But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:   Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit."

Mark 6: 11:  "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

[Gary Pilcher is now the pastor of Berean Assembly of God in Pleasant Hill, Iowa]



Wearing a Rough Garment
Presbyterian Church in Jackson, Wyoming 
Jacksonites, Yours is a Bloody City
What is a Jezebel Spirit all about?
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit
Do You Belong to the Synagogue of Satan?
Religion, Denominations
The Importance of the Prophetic
Truth Matters
_____

Shiloh
By Tim Shey

Brutal deathdance;
My eyes weep blood.
Pharisees smile like vipers,
They laugh and mock their venom:
Blind snakes leading
The deaf and dumb multitude.

Where are my friends?
The landscape is dry and desolate.
They have stretched my shredded body
On this humiliating tree.

The hands that healed
And the feet that brought good news
They have pierced
With their fierce hatred.

The man-made whip
That opened up my back
Preaches from a proper pulpit.
They sit in comfort:
That vacant-eyed congregation.
The respected, demon-possessed reverend
Forks his tongue
Scratching itchy ears
While Cain bludgeons
Abel into silence.

My flesh in tattered pieces
Clots red and cold and sticks
To the rough-hewn timber
That props up my limp, vertical carcase
Between heaven and earth.
My life drips and puddles
Below my feet,
As I gaze down dizzily
On merciless eyes and dagger teeth.

The chapter-and-versed wolves
Jeer and taunt me.
Their sheepwool clothing
Is stained black with the furious violence
Of their heart of stone.
They worship me in lip service,
But I confess,
I never knew them
(Though they are my creation).

My tongue tastes like ashes:
It sticks to the roof of my mouth.
I am so thirsty.
This famine is too much for me.
The bulls of Bashan have bled me white.
Papa, into your hands
I commend my Spirit.

Ethos
February/March 1997
Iowa State University

Genesis 49: 10: “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.”

Church Wolves
Feminism
A Dream about the Presbyterian Church in Jackson, Wyoming

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful. this is what I was looking for.
    I especially love, "I don’t care for the word “theology.” Theology means “the study of God.” Before you can study a frog, you have to kill it first. We are created by God (the Word); we are washed in His Precious Blood: who are WE to study Him?! What horrible arrogance! We are here to embrace the Lord, to follow the Lord, to obey the Lord. Leo Tolstoy once wrote that theology is the Satanism of religion. I don’t think Tolstoy was a Christian, but he did believe in God. Even unbelievers can speak truth once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of self-willed Christians out there, a lot of wolves in sheep's clothing.

    "They had a form of godliness, but denied the power thereof."

    These wolves can fool a lot of people, because many Christians are shallow. These shallow Christians think that head knowledge of the Bible is all they need. They need an abiding-in relationship with the Lord, a deeper relationship with the Lord, but this takes work--dying to self--and most Christians don't want to die to self. They are afraid what the Lord may reveal to them, they are afraid that they will be convicted of sin. They may have to lose all their friends and family so as to really follow Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read this one again Tim. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
    17 April 2008

    Back in 1990, I was going to church at the First Assembly of God in Ames, Iowa; Gary Pilcher was the senior pastor. One Sunday evening at First Assembly, I stood up and gave a testimony to the congregation. I told everybody that the Lord had cast hundreds of demons out of my body. Pastor Gary Pilcher had been sitting down, and after he heard my testimony, he shot out of his pew, shoved the other pastor out of the pulpit and told me to leave the teaching to him. He was clearly very agitated. After the church service, I was walking out the door of the lobby and Pastor Pilcher followed me outside. He was nervous and visibly shaken. Pastor Pilcher told me in so many words that when I gave my testimony that a knife went right through the congregation; he told me that I was glorifying Satan. I could barely look at him in the eye because he made me want to vomit. I believe I attended two more Sunday services and then the Lord told me to never go back to First Assembly.

    The Holy Ghost did a very powerful work in my life by delivering me of hundreds of demons (and I am STILL being delivered of demons—it is called sanctification) and Pastor Pilcher told me that I was glorifying Satan. Pastor Pilcher called the Holy Ghost “Satan.” Pastor Pilcher blasphemed the Holy Ghost. Gary Pilcher is a wolf in sheep's clothing; he hates the power of the Holy Ghost. Gary Pilcher is a false pastor. I believe it was a few months previous to this testimony that I was praying at the altar after one Sunday morning service and I began to weep VIOLENTLY—I was wailing very loudly, tears were coming out of my eyes and snot was coming out of my nose. I was not weeping in the flesh, I was weeping in the Holy Ghost. I don't cry that much—either in the flesh or in the Holy Ghost—so I knew that something significant was going on. I later told an older Christian lady from that same congregation about my loud and violent weeping. She told me that I was weeping for First Assembly of God because Pastor Pilcher and most of the congregation rejected the Holy Ghost.

    Dead churches are fashionable in the world these days. Too many pastors are conformed to the world. “The love of the world is enmity with the Father.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
    14 July 2008

    Last night I had a dream where I was riding in a pickup with Pastor Gary and Mrs. Pilcher of Ames, Iowa. Gary Pilcher is the pastor of the First Assembly of God in Ames. Mrs. Pilcher was driving the pickup; I was on the passenger side and Gary Pilcher was in the middle. The significant thing about the dream was that Gary Pilcher looked exactly like Michael J. Fox (the TV/movie actor). In the pickup, we were having an intense discussion about the Gospel. The next scene, we were sitting at a table having a lively conversation about the things of God, but I didn’t understand this because I have always known that Gary Pilcher is a false Christian.

    I believe this dream is confirmation that Gary Pilcher is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. In the dream, Gary Pilcher looked EXACTLY like Michael J. Fox. Michael J. Fox is an ACTOR (hypocrite—from the Greek hypocrites: “one who pretends to be what he is not”). The name “Fox” is also significant. I believe there is a Scripture that warns us of the foxes that spoil the vines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a response to a lady who emailed me and inquired about Mike Atkins and River Crossing Church.

    Kathleen:

    "I am in full-time ministry. The Lord has me on the road--I have been hitchhiking the United States for most of 16 years. My life of obedience to the Lord is the sermon. The Lord led me out of going to church on Sunday back in 1991. The Lord had me start my two blogs and the Lord told me to write two books. Part of my ministry are my writings; I have excellent fellowship with the people I communicate with on my blogs.

    "I am very prophetic and the Lord gives me prophetic dreams. I know I had the one dream about Mike Atkins and a friend of mine, who used to go to River Crossing, had a few dreams warning her about Mike Atkins. Mrs. Atkins has a Jezebel spirit.

    "Here is a good Scripture to meditate on: 'Come out from among them and be ye separate.' Maybe you shouldn't be so concerned about understanding wicked people in certain churches; separate yourself from them and follow the Lord--this would be an act of faith and obedience. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people think that going to church on Sunday is so important when most of the churches in the United States are so dead and worldly. That's why we have the devil in the White House (Obama)."

    Tim

    *****

    One of the reasons why Eve got in trouble and enticed Adam into sin was that she was curious about the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and wanted to understand the evil thereof. All she had to do was obey the Lord and stay away from that tree. And, of course, her covering, Adam, was passive and did not aggressively protect his wife from that tree--that's why it is called Adam's Sin, not Eve's Sin. Eve was the weaker vessel (as are all women)--that is why she was more susceptible to the snares and lies of Satan than Adam. That is why we had the rise of Satanic feminism in the 1960s and legalized abortion in the United States in 1973.

    Beware of anyone who asks, "Hath God said?"

    Genesis 3: 1: "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael J. Fox changed his name when he became an actor. His real name is Michael Andrew Fox...so his real name would be "Michael A. Fox"!

    This backs up your interpretation even more...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Dunamis. The really sad thing about Gary Pilcher is that he is the assistant superintendent for the Assembly of God in central Iowa. Gary Pilcher rejects Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deirdre: The Lord told me to quit going to church on Sunday back in 1991. I meet Christians on the road and through the internet. I have the Presence of God. I like what Oswald Chambers once said, that the saint who is in the Presence of God is the will of God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
    11 February 2008

    Last night I had a dream about Mike Atkins, Pastor of River Crossing Church in Jackson, Wyoming. I was in this house and then Mike Atkins walked into this room where I was standing; he had a confused look on his face.

    ReplyDelete