Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stacking Hay in Ashton, Idaho

Grand Teton Mountains

Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
22 August 2007

For the past two nights I have been staying with Gene and Shauna and their three kids on a small farm near Ashton, Idaho. I met Gene last week while I was hitchhiking north of St. Anthony. Gene and I have hauled two loads of hay from Hamer to his farm. I haven't stacked hay in years and years. Growing up on the farm in Iowa, I baled a lot of hay between the ages of eleven and sixteen. This is really helping out Gene because he lost a leg in a car crash several years ago and he has a bad back. I was down to my last dollar when I got to his place, so a little extra money is going to help out a lot. We have one more small load to get this afternoon, so I will probably hit the road tomorrow and head north into Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment