Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When I Came to Destroy the City

Prophet Ezekiel
Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
25 August 2010

Ezekiel 43: 3: “And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.”

“When I came to destroy the city.”

I have read the Book of Ezekiel many times over the years, but it wasn’t until a couple of days ago that I noticed this Scripture in Ezekiel 43: 3: “When I came to destroy the city.” This is very intriguing to me. Why haven’t I noticed this before? I know that the Lord is in the details of our lives, so why did I first notice this a couple of days ago? Is the Lord trying to show me something?

If this Scripture in Ezekiel 43 had said, “The Lord told me that HE would destroy the city”, then I would say, Amen—so be it—it makes perfect sense to me as a Christian. But to say “when I came to destroy the city” is a horse of a different color.

I know that if a prophet is truly submitted to the Lord, the Lord can use his eyes, ears, mouth, body, life, circumstances and anything else to get his attention or the attention of the people that he is trying to communicate to. Example: the Lord had Isaiah walk naked throughout Egypt for three years; Isaiah’s life was a warning to Egypt (to be naked means that you are living in sin).

The Lord has had me hitchhike throughout the United States for most of fourteen years now. I have talked to a lot of people about my Christian faith, but intercession is my main work. I do believe that the deeper message is my life of obedience to the Lord: I am hitchhiking because the Lord told me to, NOT because I want to. “Not my will, but Thine be done.” So my hitchhiking IS the sermon. If I was not able to speak about Jesus, I would still be preaching the Kingdom because I am obeying the Lord.

About ten years ago, I was walking in this grove of trees back in Iowa and the Holy Spirit came upon me very powerfully and all of a sudden these words came out of my mouth: “I hate this place [that piece of property]. This place is built on sin.” The property that I was walking on was owned by a man who was very anti-Christian. Later that night, the Lord had me rebuke him for his sinful lifestyle. It was all done in the power of the Holy Ghost. After I was done rebuking him, there was perfect peace in my spirit; the burden in my spirit was lifted and I was free to leave.

The last time I hitchhiked through Las Vegas, I told the Lord that I hated that place and I asked Him not to have me hitchhike through Las Vegas again. That was in December of 2005. I haven’t seen Las Vegas since.

“When I came to destroy the city.”

Numbers 12: 6: “And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.”

Las Vegas Earthquake
California Earthquake
Jackson, Wyoming Fire, 2012
A Vision about George Washington and America

No comments:

Post a Comment