Monday, August 27, 2012

This is Sodom! This is Sodom!

"The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah" by John Martin,1852

25 August 2012

Today I was hitchhiking north on U.S. 395 and was dropped off at Davis Creek, California.  I got a hamburger and something to drink at the country store in Davis Creek.  From Davis Creek I continued walking north.

It seemed like it was a slow day for getting rides.  I walked a few miles and began to run out of water.  It was very warm (around 86 degrees F) and the air was smoky from all of the wildfires in the northern California-eastern Oregon neighborhood.  Last night, as I slept in my sheepherder's camper at my friends' place, the air seemed smokier than usual (the air has been smoky for most of the past month).

I stopped walking and began to wonder why it was taking me so long to get to Lakeview, Oregon.  Then I realized that the Lord was delaying me for a reason (Jesus Christ is Lord over my hitchhiking).

I stood there on the side of the road for quite some time.  Then this older lady in an old pickup pulled over to give me a ride.

She told me, as the conversation progressed, that she was born in England during the war (World War II); her dad was in the Air Force.  They moved to California when she was one year old.  She did most of the talking.  It was difficult to understand her at times; she seemed slightly eccentric.

She was talking and then she started complaining about all of the smoke in the air and all of the wildfires.  Then she exclaimed, "This is Sodom!  This is Sodom!"

I replied, "Yeah, there is a lot of sin in this country."  (I mentioned the sins of abortion and homosexuality)

She told me that she was a believer.  She also said that there were too many churches that didn't believe there was a devil.  She had a Bible on the dashboard of her pickup.  She mentioned Proverbs 20: 18, so I took her Bible and read that verse out loud ("Every purpose is established by counsel:  and with good advice make war.")

She talked some more and then exclaimed again, "This is Sodom!  This is Sodom!"

I again nodded in agreement.  I don't know how many times she said "This is Sodom!", but I knew that she was repeating it for a reason.  "In the mouth of two or three witnesses, let every word be established."  I knew that the Lord had her pick me up so that I could hear what she had to say.

Three or four times she reminded me to pass her message on to others.  I told her that I would do that.  She dropped me off near the county courthouse in Lakeview.

Out of the mouths of babes, sucklings and eccentric people, Thou has perfected praise.  "The Lord uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise."

The Lord had that lady pick me up.  She kept repeating, "This is Sodom!"  What does this mean?  Maybe the drought and wildfires are just the beginning of sorrows for the United States.  Maybe more judgment is coming.  This is a perverse generation.

Genesis 19: 24-28:  

"Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;  And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD:  And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace."

Jackson, Wyoming
Homosexuality is a Sin
Sodom and Then Some
It's Time For Justice


The cities of the plain:  Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim and Zoar


United States of Sodom and Gomorrah 

Ezekiel 14: 13: "Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it."

Ezekiel 15: 7-8: "And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them. And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, saith the Lord GOD."

Ezekiel 16: 20-21: "Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?"

_____

"Sodom had no Bible!"  --Leonard Ravenhill

11 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about Sodom and the USA yesterday. As I was praying about our country I felt that God was telling me the people demand evil and want no part of good.

    Indeed we are in times of distress and woes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past few days I have hitchhiked through eastern Oregon and southern Idaho. The air was smokey in eastern Oregon and southern Idaho. I camped out north of Pocatello, Idaho last night and the sky was clear--it was a welcome relief. The sky is clear here in western Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Tim, I believe that woman has a message for anyone who has ears to hear and for the deaf in spirit they'll soon have a front row seat to all hell being unleashed on this earth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, this message makes me tremble! To keep repeating, she was declaring that it is so.
    FATHER have mercy on YOUR children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy: I got a ride with a guy a few days ago who helped fight a wildfire just west of Lakeview, Oregon. He and his guys barely got out alive; one of their pickups got burned up. He definitely had a front row seat to hell on earth.

    Deirdre: You are so in tune with the Holy Ghost it isn't even funny. Your comment makes me tremble--especially when you wrote "it is so." You need to read my post "Praying in Tongues" below and you will know what I am talking about.

    "Praying in Tongues"
    http://tim-shey.blogspot.com/2012/04/praying-in-tongues.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is another thought: when that lady first started telling me "This is Sodom!" we were in California. Maybe she was specifically talking about California as Sodom and Gomorrah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brother, your blog posts are fascinating! It would be really amazing to be able to travel that way! (some day!) be blessed man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. warrior_generation: I am glad that you appreciate my blog. My hitchhiking is simple obedience to the Lord. The Lord tells me to jump and I ask, how high?

    "Those who are led by the Spirit, shall be sons."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating! Yes, America has become the new sodom and gomorrah and until true repentance takes place judgment will continue to fall. The storms hitting both the east AND west coasts are on the beginning! I pray that all with "ears to hear" and a heart cleansed with repentance will stay faithful to Yahweh and always, always keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a comment by Dan Scott (Revelation Questions?) from another video on the sin of Sodom & Gomorrah (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfd67ICIIT4):

    In Jude 1.6, the Greek adjective “heteros” is poorly translated “strange”. The word heteros denotes something “ulterior” as in a different kind from something else. So the “flesh” was that of a different kind in the context of the angels of Jude 1.6 as well as Peter who speak of the angels in Tartaroo (all outlined in Enoch). Read the book of Enoch friends because the context IS the fallen angels mixing with human women and bearing sons called the Rephaim or Nephilim of the OT.

    When Jesus said “as in the days of Noah, so shall it be….THEY married….THEY were given in marriage”, this is speaking of the angels marrying women and going after ULTERIOR flesh of a different kind from them.

    Enoch 6.1-2
    “So it happened, when the benim-am (sons of the human) multiplied, beautiful and wholesome daughters were born. So the MALACHIM angels/watchers/Irim), these children of the shamaya (high skies), saw them (human women) and lusted for them. They said to one another, Come on, let us choose WIVES from the yeladim-ha-am (children of human) and spawn our own yeladim (children).”

    M24.37-38
    “As in the days of Noah (Jared and Enoch)…THEY (fallen sons of Elohim/Nephilim) were in the days the before the down-flood, chewing and drinking, MARRYING and GIVING IN MARRIAGE, until the day when Noah came into the ark.”

    Enoch 106
    “Some shamaya (of the high skies) MALACHIM (angels) disobeyed YHWH’s instruction. And hinneh! They commit chattah (sin) and break Torah. They united with women to commit chattah with them. They have even MARRIED (M24.37-38; L17.26) some and had offspring by them. They will produce GIBBORIM (mighty ones/giants) not in accordance with ruach (spirit), but the basar (flesh) – and there will be a great punishments on the earth, for in must be cleansed from all such impurity.”

    So this is the context of what was going on in Sodom and Gomorrah.

    Ju6 [Jude 6 & 7] “Besides, THE ANGELS not guarding their own being an origin, but having fr-left alone their own guarded dwelling site, He guards into the judgment of the great day in unperceivable bonds under gloom (tartarus of Enoch); as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, WHORING EXTRAORDINARILY WITH THESE (the angels) according to the like manner, and having come away behafter ULTERIOR FLESH (flesh of a different kind from theirs)…”

    The Hebrew concept of “unclean” is forbidden mixture. The “unclean spirits” of the NT were actually the first generation offspring of the fallen angels who God cursed to become disembodied spirits of the Nephilim still about the earth today. See my video called “What Are Demons”.

    Grace, mercy and peace in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moscow and Ketchum are probably the two most liberal towns in Idaho. I live in Ketchum.

    Here is a bit of good news from where I live.

    Ketchum is a liberal ski resort town in Idaho. Maybe it is not as liberal as I thought. I was talking with a couple of friends a week or so ago. The one guy said this local restaurant was going to host a transgender reading event for children. I don’t know if it was advertised on the radio or in the local newspaper. Anyway, the locals got wind of this event and that restaurant was flooded with phone calls. These people said that, if that restaurant holds their tranny reading event, they will never eat at that restaurant again. The event was cancelled. Praise the Lord!

    I was told that two lesbians own that restaurant. It is a very popular restaurant in town.

    ReplyDelete