Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Son of Scotland has Fallen

George Hoffman

A Son of Scotland has Fallen
By Tim Shey

I am sorry
For the loss of your brother
You will remember
His Scottish smile
You will long to hear
His Celtic laughter

No one knows
The bond you had with him
In life
No one feels
The weight of emptiness
In death

The Lord comforts those
Who draw near to Him
He is a burning light
In the heart of darkness
His is a grace of strength
In the depths of grief

The ways of God
Are hard to understand
Mourning will have its season
But the Lord is the fountain of your life
Your braveheart sibling
Will not be forgotten


[Just over a week ago, a friend of mine, George Hoffman, died in a house fire in Victor, Idaho.  He and his dad, Mike, would always let me stay overnight at their place when I was hitchhiking through town.  I am good friends with George's sister, Felice, and his brother-in-law Jeremy Aughenbaugh.  This poem is written for Felice Aughenbaugh.]

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it, Felice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you all Tim. I'm very sorry for this loss. God's grace keep and sustain you all through this time. Amen.

    ReplyDelete