Sunday, November 4, 2012

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem


Luke 13: 34-35:  "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee."

O American Churchianity, which killest (reject) the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee.

When I think about Superstorm Sandy and the destruction of New York City and other parts of the eastern seaboard this past week, I can't help but think about a Christian I met in Nebraska back in 2008.  His name was LaVerle [Van Houten] and he picked me up hitchhiking three times in one month ("in the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established"--so LaVerle's picking me up three times in one month means something).

LaVerle worked in western Nebraska and, on his days off, he would use his own money and fly to New York City and do street ministry.  One of his last times in NYC, he met these two prophets.  They told LaVerle that they were pulling out of New York because people weren't repenting of their sin.

In my travels, I would have to say that New York City, San Francisco and Las Vegas are probably the most secular, Godless cities in the United States.  Superstorm Sandy was the Lord's judgment on a wicked city (NYC).

Years ago, I was hitchhiking through Tennessee and these two Christians picked me up and took me to Nashville.  They let me stay overnight at their place.  They took me to a restaurant for supper.

One of the guys looked at me, smiled and said, "Nashville, Tennessee:  a church on every corner."

I looked at him and didn't say anything.

How many Christian churches are in New York City?  How many people in New York City are surrendered to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Luke 13: 35:  "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate."

Luke 13: 33:  "Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following:  for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem."

For it cannot be that a prophet perish out of American Churchianity.

II Kings 17: 13-14:  "Yet the LORD testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.  Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God."

He Beheld the City and Wept Over It
God Hates Us, but . . .
Sandy Damages--$150-$250 Billion
John McTernan's Insights
Wrath of God--Barbara W. Tuchman
The Biblical significance of Sandy

Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
10 February 2009

Last night I had a dream where I was reading this newspaper. In small headlines I saw something like “LaVerle Van Houten is in Peru.”

Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
1 March 2009

Two days ago, I hitchhiked from Helena, Montana to Murdo, South Dakota. Yesterday, I hitchhiked from Murdo to Chadron, Nebraska. It was around O degrees F when I started walking south out of Murdo on U.S. 83. I walked around four miles and then got a ride to Mission, South Dakota. Ice had formed on my eyebrows, so I was very grateful to finally get a ride.

After Mission, I walked south a few miles and got a ride in the back of a pickup to Valentine, Nebraska. I checked my e-mail at the public library in Valentine and then started walking west on U.S. 20. I then got a ride to Chadron.

On the way east from Montana, I thought, “It would be great if LaVerle saw me walking down the road.” I got dropped off on the west side of Chadron and walked over a half mile heading west when guess who picked me up? LaVerle.

The Lord works in strange ways. I told LaVerle that this is the fourth time he has picked me up. He just got back from a mission trip to Peru. He flew back to Houston, then to Denver and drove back to western Nebraska the day before. LaVerle was in Peru for a month. He drove me to a Taco John’s restaurant and bought me something to eat. We talked for quite some time.

One of the important things that LaVerle said was that the Lord told him not to go back to New York City. LaVerle has been to New York several times on mission trips. He told me that a number of prophets have pulled out of New York because people aren’t repenting of sin and destruction is coming.

I told LaVerle that the Lord had me hitchhike from Ames, Iowa to New York City (actually, I hitchhiked to New Hamburg, New York and took a train the rest of the way into Manhattan) in 1998. I visited David Wilkerson’s church at Times Square. I was in the sanctuary for two hours and I started weeping in the Spirit. I left the church building (formerly the Mark Hellinger Theater) and the Holy Ghost fell powerfully on me. I walked to the Hudson River. I believe the Lord was telling me not to go back to David Wilkerson’s church. That evening I went back to the seven o’clock service and the Lord chastened me for being there. Something must have been out of order; the leadership of that church (not necessarily David Wilkerson) may have been resisting the Holy Ghost.

I can go to a church of believers, but if they reject the power of the Holy Ghost, then it is a sin for me to be there. “Come out from among them and be ye separate.” “They had a form of Godliness, but denied the power thereof; from such turn away.” “Obedience is better than sacrifice.”

I crawled into a sleeper of a tractor-trailer outside of Chadron and slept there last night. It got down to 20 degrees F, but it felt colder.

Dreams from the LORD
New York Deathscape

6 comments:

  1. Sarah: I knew and LaVerle knew that he picked me up for a reason. It is always interesting how the Lord can communicate to you and warn you about certain things through other people. The Lord really knows how to put someone in your path.

    When sin is so out in the open in this country (like homosexuality and abortion)--when there is no shame for sin--then you know that the Lord's judgments are already here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
    3 May 2008

    Yesterday, I was walking west on U.S. 20 about five miles west of Kilgore, Nebraska. This pickup and trailer pulled over. I ran up to the vehicle and it was LaVerle! This was the third time in a month that LaVerle has picked me up. LaVerle started laughing and I was laughing. The Lord sure has a sense of humor.

    So LaVerle and I drove to Rushville, Nebraska, dropped the pickup and trailer at the ranch his uncle managed and then drove his pickup home to Chadron.

    There are no accidents in the Kingdom of Heaven and I know that LaVerle picking me up three times in the past month meant something. LaVerle has a street ministry in New York City. He works at a uranium mine near Crawford and then flies to New York on his days off and ministers to people on the street. LaVerle has been to New York seven times in the past year. He believes that in the near future he will leave Chadron, Nebraska permanently and live in New York—either in Manhattan or Long Island—and minister to people in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a connection between Wilkerson leading a church in NY (which I believe Father told me is the 'head' of the country and that He would 'start with the head'.) only to be 'taken out' in the very state that initiated abortion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deirdre: NYC is also the media capital of the United States. The mass media is mostly liberal and pro-Obama. NYC is also the banking and speculation capital of the United States. I am not sure if NYC is still the publishing capital of the United States.

    "Barack Obama and the Media"
    http://tim-shey.blogspot.com/2010/05/barack-obama-and-media.html

    ReplyDelete