Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The American Flag: A Christian Symbol













Back in 1986-87, I was living in Ellensburg, Washington. I was attending a small Pentecostal church called Bethel Gospel Church. Some friends at the church invited me to a church conference in Seattle, so I went along.

We were staying at some friends' place in the Seattle area when there was a knock on the door. This older lady walked in and she talked with our friends for a little. Then she turned to me and said that the Lord told her to come and give something to me. I was pleasantly surprised to hear this. She gave me a piece of paper and she had written some things down for me to read.

On the piece of paper was written Psalm 60: 4: "Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah." She also wrote that there are thirteen stripes on the flag: seven red stripes and six white stripes. Thirteen stands for rebellion--in this case rebellion against Satanic oppression (King George III and British mis-management of the Colonies, breaking away from the world system of governance). Seven is God's number; the color red is the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. Six is man's number; the color white stands for man's sins washed white as snow by the Blood of the Lamb. The fifty stars represent Pentecost or the power of the Holy Ghost.

I have always remembered that lady and what she wrote on that piece of paper. Whenever I see the American flag (I think it is the most beautiful flag on the planet--I also like the British flag and the Israeli flag), I don't see another flag waving in the breeze, I see the Stars and Stripes of Jesus Christ.

Freedom to Bear Arms
Michelle Obama's "All This For a Damn Flag" 

No comments:

Post a Comment