Friday, July 16, 2010

The Wise Shall Understand

Dreams from the LORD 2003-2006
27 March 2005

Psalm 49: 20: “Man that is in honor, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.”

Daniel 12: 10: “Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.”

What good is all the money and power and influence in the world if you don’t know God? Knowledge is not necessarily wisdom; money is not necessarily wealth; rubbing shoulders with presidents, senators and governors doesn’t necessarily mean that you have power and influence. I once wrote that a jackass with a Ph.D. is still a jackass. A jackass with a billion dollars in the bank is still a jackass. A wicked man in a position of power can drive a nation into the ground.

What is the precious life? Is it accumulating things and possessions? The precious life is maintaining a relationship with God and the people in your life. You can have material things, but do not let them have power over you. If you spend more time working on your car than with your wife, then something is terribly wrong. Give your children time, not things. Who or what do you bond with? Sure, I really enjoy watching college football, but I better spend more time with my wife and kids than with college football on TV.

If a man has accumulated millions of dollars or gained high political office or collected all kinds of trophies and his wife becomes an alcoholic and his kids become juvenile delinquents, then he must be living in abject poverty. Don’t let the world define wealth, power and influence. Don’t let the world define love, wisdom and happiness. Build your life on the Rock; seek the Kingdom of Heaven first. I am one of the wealthiest men I know and I have four dollars in a bank somewhere. Maybe someday the Lord will let me have a job where I can make some money, but my wealth is based on my intimate relationship with my Father, not by my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment