Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Consecrated to the Will of God - Watchman Nee


The Normal Christian Life
By Watchman Nee

Chapter 6: “The Path of Progress: Presenting Ourselves to God”

Page 102: “On one occasion a Chinese brother was traveling by train and found himself in a carriage together with three non-Christians who, in order to beguile the time, wished to play cards. Lacking a fourth to complete the game, they invited this brother to join them. ‘I am sorry to disappoint you,’ he said, ‘but I cannot join your game for I have not brought my hands with me.’ ‘Whatever do you mean?’ they asked in blank astonishment. ‘This pair of hands does not belong to me,’ he said, and then there followed the explanation of the transfer of ownership that had taken place in his life. That brother regarded the members of his body as belonging entirely to the Lord. That is true holiness.

“Paul says, ‘Present your members as servants to righteousness unto sanctification [A.V. ‘holiness to the Lord’ (Exod. 28:36)]. I gave myself over wholly to Christ: that is holiness.”

Page 103: “Then to what are we to be consecrated? Not to Christian work, but to the will of God, to be and to do whatever he requires.”

No comments:

Post a Comment