Friday, January 21, 2011

I am Baptized in the Holy Ghost and with Fire!

Samson with the jawbone of an ass

Dreams from the LORD 2003-2006
24 March 2005

John 4: 23-24: “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship. God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

The true worshippers. The full Gospel. The Holy Ghost and Scripture. Shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth. There is a powerful balance when you have the power of the Holy Ghost and the knowledge of Scripture engrafted into your Spirit man. The Holy Ghost and Scripture is a two-edged sword that Satan hates. Satan can find ways to inflict damage on someone who is only in the Holy Ghost or who is only into Scripture. I think it is interesting to note that the word “spirit” precedes the word “truth”. We can’t get the cart before the horse. We need the Holy Ghost to teach us the Scripture. How can you understand Scripture if you are not born again? Then when you get baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, the Bible becomes an even more living, breathing document.

When Adam was in the Garden of Eden (before he sinned), he did not have the Law, the Prophets or the New Testament, but he did have the unbroken Presence of God (the Holy Ghost) to guide him and sustain him. The Lord did not have to give him a written book to tell Adam what to do, the Lord spoke to Adam in his spirit: Spirit to spirit: perfect communion.

And they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. It doesn’t say you must worship Him in a building. If a building has a pastor in it that is submitted to the Holy Ghost, then the congregation is in good hands. The congregation is in the building not because of the building, but because of the Holy Ghost.

When I meet people on the road, I don’t care if they are Pentecostal, Methodist, Roman Catholic, Baptist or non-churchgoers. I tell them about Jesus, the Word of God and the Holy Ghost. Let’s get the horse before the cart. Without a horse, the cart is dead in its tracks; without the cart, you can still ride the horse. John Wesley rode on horseback all over England: he didn’t need a cart. Wouldn’t it be beautiful if the Lord told some Holy Ghost believer to buy a horse and go on horseback and preach the Gospel in England? Or maybe it would be easier to hitchhike. America owes so much to England and the rest of Great Britain—a lot of powerful saints came out of Scotland and Wales. Get on your horse and ride in the power of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost Riders.

I Kings 18: 46: “And the hand of the Lord was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.” In the back of my Bible I have a map of Israel and the distance between Mt. Carmel and Jezreel is about 25 miles. This old man named Elijah outran the king’s chariots in the power of the Holy Ghost. Some people hitchhike in the Holy Ghost, some people ride horses in the Holy Ghost and some people run in the Holy Ghost.

Sans teeth, sans taste, sans horse, sans everything.

I was working for Pike Construction back in Ames, Iowa and I was doing demolition work: I would use a sledgehammer and break down these brick and mortar walls, shovel it up into a garbage can and haul it out to this dump truck. One morning we got this new guy and he worked with me his first day. He was built like a brick house: he was around 5’ 9”, 235 pounds, had 19-inch biceps (that’s what he told me—maybe he only had 18-inch biceps)—he was a body builder. The second day he came to the job site, he said that he couldn’t keep up with me, so he would do carpenter work. That was okay with me because he had more experience than me in carpenter work. After about a week, this guy said to me, “Tim, how do you do it? You’re swinging that sledgehammer all day long and you don’t let up. Look at me; look at the size of my arms. Now look at you; look at the size of your arms (at the time I was 5’11” and 175 pounds). How do you do it? You never get tired.”

I looked at him and exclaimed, “Because I am baptized in the Holy Ghost and with Fire!”

The guy about had a heart attack. He didn’t know what to think. From that time on he would ask me questions about the Bible and spiritual things. So the moral of the story is: if you swing your sledgehammer in a responsible, Holy Ghost manner, someone eventually may enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Elijah . . . ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel in a responsible, Holy Ghost manner.

I came, I saw, I swung my sledgehammer in the power of the Holy Ghost. With the sledge of a hammer, heaps upon heaps, with the sledge of a hammer, have I slain a thousand men. And he cast the sledgehammer out of his hand and called that place Ramath-sledgehammer.

Judges 13: 25: “And the spirit of the Lord began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.”

One thing about Samson: at least he slew the Philistines in a responsible, Holy Ghost manner.

Samson:  A One-Man Wrecking Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment