Thursday, October 30, 2014

In the Meeting Place or in the Market Place?



This is from the blog My Dreams and Visions:

I had a dream back in January of 2011 that I feel led to post because I believe it demonstrates the shift that is taking place in what has traditionally been called church to what, I feel, the Lord is doing now.

I had a dream that me and a pastor I know, I’ll call him pastor K were in a kitchen in a house and it was on the 2nd floor. Two things worthy of note here was that it was a house and we were up stairs, “an upper room”, if you will. I was with Pastor K,  and another pastor whom I know to be a very traditional pastor and not one embracing anything outside the traditional institutional church. He and I have had many discussions on the simple church concept so I know where he stands on the issue. With that said, the 3 of us were talking in the kitchen about the house church and Pastor H, the traditional pastor was very adamant about the traditional church and argued for it. I on the other hand quoted from Acts the following passage:

“However, the Most High doesn’t live in a house built by humans, as the prophet says: ‘The Lord says, “Heaven is my throne. The earth is my footstool. What kind of house are you going to build for me? Where will I rest? Didn’t I make all these things?”‘ 
(Act 7:48-50 GW)


It was after I quoted this particular passage that Pastor H left the house. In the second part of my dream Pastor K and I were both standing on the outside on an impressive cathedral-like church complete with stained glass windows. One thing worthy on note here is that the 2 of us were talking to people outside of the church and not inside the church. The ministry was going on outside rather than inside. From what I have read of the miracles of Jesus, most of them occurred outside the synagogue, the meeting place, and in the marketplace where the people were. In other words, Jesus brought the church to the people.

That was the end of my dream.

Something worthy of note here is that the book of Acts begins and ends in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment