Sunday, February 22, 2015

Athy-upon-Barrow

Athy, County Kildare, Ireland
 
Today I did a search for "Timothy Michael Shey" on MSN and Google and I was surprised to see that someone is trying to sell my novella, Athy-upon-Barrow.  I wrote Athy-upon-Barrow while I was living in Athy, County Kildare, Ireland during the summer of 1981.  I used my hard-earned money and lived in Ireland from May 1981 to February of 1982.

I was not a Christian when I wrote Athy-upon-Barrow---it has some profanity in the book.  I sent the manuscript to a few publishers, but it was rejected; the rejection letters were very positive and complimentary. When I came back to the States, I printed up some copies of Athy-upon-Barrow (The Lone Wolf Press) and gave these copies to some people that I knew.  I had a few books sold on consignment in a couple of bookstores in Iowa City, Iowa.  Athy-upon-Barrow is around 74 pages.


May 1981:  Northern Ireland and Bob Jamieson of NBC News
Wikipedia


Map of County Kildare

No comments:

Post a Comment