Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bereshith



[10 September 2011]

Yesterday, I got a ride with a young couple from Israel. He was from Hebron and she was from Bethlehem. They gave me a ride for ten miles and then dropped me off in Last Chance, Idaho, the next town north of Ashton. They said that they were Orthodox Jews and that they needed to stop travelling for the day and prepare supper before Shabbat (the Sabbath). It was late Friday afternoon and the Jewish Sabbath begins on Friday evening and lasts till Saturday evening.

He said something very interesting. He told me that a rabbi (probably in Israel) warned that Japan was going to suffer a nuclear catastrophe. The rabbi said this before the earthquake in Japan in March of this year. The day before the earthquake, the government of Japan signed some sort of deal with the Palestinians. When you oppose Israel, bad things happen to you. He who blesses Israel shall be blessed, he who curses Israel shall be cursed.

I know very little Hebrew, but I believe that that Israeli couple were speaking Hebrew with each other. When he dropped me off at the gas station in Last Chance, he asked me if I knew the Hebrew word bereshith. I was a bit surprised because I DID know what bereshith means. Bereshith means "in the beginning" or "beginnings". What are the odds of an Orthodox Jew asking me what a Hebrew word means when it is one of the few Hebrew words that I know? A Providential ride.

He also said that he noticed while travelling in the United States that Americans for the most part are polite, but lack in hospitality. Whereas in Israel, the people are not very polite, but are very hospitable. He said that there are a higher percentage of hitchhikers in Israel than in the United States.

2011 Japan Earthquake
Is the Japan Earthquake in Bible Prophecy?
Israel My Glory
Spirit of Sorrow
Jewish Life After Death
The First Word in the Bible says Jesus Will Die on the Cross
Hugo Chavez Curses Israel

3 comments:

  1. Coincidence Mr. Tim? I don't think so. The Bereshith question made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Also, did the Jewish couple make the connection about Japan - Palestine - Israel - earthquake issue? Or did they just say this in passing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the Jewish couple told me about the rabbi making the warning about the Japan earthquake, I told them about Japan making some deal with the Palestinians. I am not sure if they had heard about the Japan-Palestinian-Earthquake connection.

    Randy: You bring a lot of interesting things to the table. I greatly appreciate your spiritual depth and insight. The beautiful thing about Bereshith is that I know that the Lord is doing a powerful work in Egypt (a new beginning). You picked up on it right away (the hair on your head stood up). It will be very interesting what happens in Egypt in the next few years.

    That Jewish couple picking me up certainly was NOT coincidence. The Lord puts people in your path for a reason.

    Tim Shey

    (If I am not able to post a comment using my Google account, then I will use my WordPress account. I try to respond to as many comments as I can as soon as I can.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah 19: 1: "The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it."

    ReplyDelete