Monday, March 28, 2011

Special Forces




Dreams from the LORD 2011
27 March 2011

Last night I had a dream from the Lord. I was in this city. There was fighting going on between two armies: Army A and Army B. I was with Army A. The fighting took place among these big buildings; it looked like the downtown area of the city.

During the dream, it all reminded me of the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. The American Army was lulled into relaxing too much and then, all of a sudden, the Germans counter-attacked and took many prisoners.

In the dream, there was fighting between the two armies and then, all of a sudden, the soldiers from both sides put down their weapons and embraced each other. They were all smiling and became fast friends. I stood there looking at what was happening, but I knew something was wrong. In my spirit, I knew that Army B had tricked Army A into a ceasefire. It was a false peace (it reminded me of the phrase “peace and safety and then sudden destruction comes upon them”).

Then I saw strange things happen. These big columns (like they have at the Parthenon in Greece) came in on rollers and new buildings were being erected. But I knew this was wrong: these buildings were being built too fast and on shallow ground; they were built without any foundations. It all seemed false and pretentious.

Then I saw this small group of soldiers coming up behind me from Army A. There were probably ten to twenty men dressed in green uniforms and helmets. They were carrying rifles. They looked like Special Forces. They moved very quickly, were very aggressive; they had faces like flint. They paid absolutely no attention to the lukewarm soldiers of Army A and Army B. These guys meant business. In my spirit, I knew that they knew that something was very wrong with all of this false peace between Army A and Army B. These Special Forces guys moved quickly towards the interior of the city and the rest of Army B (the headquarters of Army B?). I followed with them.

What does this dream mean? Army A is the modern Christian church. Army B is the army of Satan. Army A APPEARS to be fighting the devil, but they really aren’t. They have compromised with the devil and have made peace with the devil (have become conformed to the world) (“they had a form of Godliness, but denied the power thereof”).

The Special Forces are the true Christian warriors—and they were much fewer in number than all of Army A (the modern lukewarm church). It would be like comparing Special Forces with the rest of the United States’ conventional army: there are probably 2 million military personnel and there may be several thousand in Special Forces.

In the dream, the Special Forces did not take heed to the false peace between Army A and Army B. They continued to attack Army B and head to the interior of the city and hunt down bad guys.

This dream reminds me of Elijah and the seven thousand who did not bow down to Baal in the days of King Ahab and Queen Jezebel. There were probably around 3 million people living in Israel at the time. It is always a small minority that does the real fighting against Satan.

One more thing: the dream was rather long and many of the details are gone from me now. What is vivid in my mind is my observing the fighting of the Special Forces. They weren’t merely playing church, they were about their Father’s business—they were taking the fight to the enemy; they were taking out satanic strongholds.

Where Have all the Warriors Gone?

4 comments:

  1. Great post Tim. Thank you so much for sharing your special gift. Very relevant for these times. My oldest son is a Green Beret. Before going into the GB he served 2 years with conventional forces. My second oldest son served a year with the regular army before going to Ranger school and coming back for combat tours as a Ranger.
    The stories they've told me have left me spell bound by how intense the training is and how different the mission is in battle compared to the regular army... Special Forces are the tip of the spear. They are constantly placed in harms way often against higher numbers, against odds of survival... The only way they can become a member of the special forces is through the most unimaginable brutal training that only a few make it through. This reminds me of how God will prepare His true saints by taking them through great trials and tribulation to prepare them for the day of battle to take out satanic strongholds. May God grant us to be a special warriors and not a luke warm pretender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of the boot camp that the Lord put me through to train me to be a soldier for Him, I think, "What won't kill you, will only make you stronger."

    This one Christian wrote something very profound. He said, "God loves you and has a difficult plan for your life."

    It is a narrow path; it is a difficult path.

    II Timothy 2: 4: "No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God loves you and has a difficult plan for your life."

    ". . . Suffering is our preparation for ministry in a world of suffering--all manner of suffering: from the trivial irritations of daily life to paralyzing accidents, from family squabbles to church splits, from the ravages of sexual slavery to the countless deaths of innocents at the hands of cruel dictators. This is not a world for shallow people with soft character. It needs tested, toughened disciples who are prepared, like their Lord, to descend into hell to redeem the lost.

    "This is part of what it means to become holy, to be refined by fire. Difficulties and sufferings are God's form of hazing. Sometimes it gets so hard, we think Him cruel. But He's only looking for men and women who will keep their cool when things go horribly wrong, a people prepared to dash into burning rooms to rescue those about to be engulfed in flames."

    --Mark Galli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! Stay vigilant Saints. Dear God, Prepare us for the day of battle through your great Grace under the banner of our Lord Jesus Christ.. "Of David. Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." Psalms 144:1

    ReplyDelete