Tuesday, October 30, 2018

What a Prison Inmate Wrote Before Facing Death Penalty



This is from the Singapore Christian blog:

A prison inmate on a death row was asked his last wish before he could be electrocuted in the electric chair, he asked for a pen and paper then wrote:

“Dear mum, If the law was fair today you would be here seated next to me waiting to be electrocuted in the electric chair, but since the law is blind I have been convicted for the crimes we committed together. Mum remember how it started, do you remember when I was 3 years old when I stole my brothers sweets? you didn’t correct me, remember very well when I was five the day I stole my neighbours’ toys and hid it at home you said nothing, mum remember when I was 12 when I hid my cousin’s ball in the garage when he had come to play with us at home and you said that you did [not] see it yet you saw it. Do you remember the day I was expelled from school at 15 years? Dad wanted to punish me but you refused and that very day you had a bitter argument with dad about this because you where defending me, you said I was still young you said the teachers where wrong to say that I was not attending class. You defended me, you said I was right yet you knew I was wrong. Mum remember very well, you saw me steal our neighbours’ bicycle when I was 17 but you didn’t report I sold it but you were silent mum. You loved me so much yes you loved me but you you didn’t correct me, instead you spoilt me. That is how it started and it graduated slowly until today when I will be electrocuted for bank robbery and murder. I was very young I just needed your guidance mum, by the time you will be reading this I will be gone.
Yours truly, your loving son.”

To all parents out there, the Bible says. Proverbs 13:24 (NIV): "Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them."

Bible Hub

2 comments:

  1. This is a cop-out and the truth at the same time. The guy has no excuse. However, I have a cousin in prison for murder because he had just such a mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hitchhiking in California a number of years ago. We drove past this prison and the guy giving me a ride said,"See all those men? Most of them had no fathers in the home."--implying that there was no direction or discipline in the home. Mothers are nurturers; fathers are providers and the ones who give discipline.

      Delete