Tuesday, September 17, 2019

South of Stanley, Idaho

Sawtooth Mountains near Stanley, Idaho

Last night I camped out near Lower Stanley, Idaho.  This morning I was walking south of Stanley on Highway 75 and got a ride to this bridge just south of Redfish Lake.  I then walked around two miles and this guy pulled over to give me a ride.  His name was Mark and he and his son-in-law and grandson had been out backpacking in the Sawtooth Mountains and were heading back to Hailey.

Mark said he used to hitchhike quite a bit back in the 1970s.  I told Mark that I had been hitchhiking the United States for a number of years.  He then told me that he used to live in Ellensburg, Washington back in 1985.  I told Mark that I lived in Ellensburg back in 1986 and 1987.  We discovered that we knew some of the same people.  I mentioned a guy named Jude Doty who used to have a Christian Hostel on South Pearl Street; Mark knew Jude.  Then I told Mark that I used to do some ranch work for Arvin Marchel; Mark knew Arvin.  I said that I used to go to the Bethel Gospel Church while I was in Ellensburg and asked Mark if he knew Pastor Coussart; Mark knew Pastor Coussart.

It's a Small World
A Short Hitchhiking Trip
The American Flag:  A Christian Symbol



Hiking the Summit Creek Trail, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Idaho, June 2021

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was quite a pleasant surprise to meet someone who knew some friends of mine from 1986-87.

      Delete