Friday, January 14, 2011

A Peculiar Path


Dreams from the LORD 2003-2006
21 March 2005

Ephesians 2: 10: "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

We are his workmanship. We cannot effect change in ourselves or in the world around us by our self-willed "good works". We abide in Christ and He leads us into the good works that He has already prepared and ordained for us. A good work is a God work--a Father's will work. There are many, many works in the earth, but most of these are self-will works, works of the flesh, works of pure reason. A good work is something that the Lord wants us to do, not what we want to do. God is always glorified in a good work; He is never glorified in a self-will work.

When I finished my college degree in May of 1995, I had no idea that the Lord would have me hitchhike around the United States so much. This is just a wild guess, but I believe I have hitchhiked coast-to-coast at least forty times (total hitchhiking mileage). If this is what the Lord wants, then so be it.

I look back to 1996 (when I began my hitchhiking after a nine-year hiatus) and I can see the Lord's workmanship in my life. So many things have died out in my life, so that the life of Christ can be exalted in me. Curses have been broken in my life: these things (demons) can only come out through prayer and fasting. I am physically, mentally and spiritually stronger because of these past nine years of hitchhiking and obeying the Lord. It is the power of that revolutionary act--the Resurrection--that has made me into the New Man.

"That we should walk in them." I know I have done a lot of hitchhiking, but I am curious how many miles I have walked. I bet I average seven to twelve miles per day. But then it is not necessarily the physical act of walking, but walking in the Light as He is in the Light. He lightens our path, our unique path--a path-with-a-purpose. Every man and woman is special and specially designed to walk that unique path that God has ordained. It may be a peculiar path. It may not bring fame, wealth or notoriety, but it will glorify Him and his workmanship. And whatever He works into us shall never go void.

Book Review:  High Plains Drifter

No comments:

Post a Comment