Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Eagle's Fighting Tactic



This is from the blog Making It Glad:

Eagles are one of my favourite birds. Besides being so majestic, they mate for life, build one nest that lasts forever and they face storms head on rather than hiding from them. The most interesting trait is how they fight their enemy. Their biggest enemy is a snake, but eagles never stand for their attacks. They never fight the snake on the ground – they either pick it up and shake it to death or fly high and drop it onto rocks below.

By doing this, the eagle changes the battleground. As a result, the snake has no stable ground or stamina and is therefore weak and useless to fight back effectively.

God tells us to take note of “the way of the eagle in the air” (Proverbs 30:19), because Satan first appeared to people in the form of a snake. This snake works tirelessly to actively ruin our life-and that includes our thought life!

We change our battle ground when we take our thoughts captive and pray- it is then that God can step in and take over. Don’t ever fight Satan, and the thoughts he throws at you about your health, in his comfort zone. Claim the battle field.  Lift yourselves up by praying and then throw the enemy and his lies onto the Rock- which is Jesus:

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Saviour, You save me from violence.” ~ 2 Samuel 22:2-3

Remember, we have been given authority to trample over serpents and scorpions in Jesus’ name (Luke 10:19). Snakes never survive a rock encounter! So there is never a need to ever entertain hypochondriacal thoughts- you throw it onto the Rock by fighting back with the promises of Scripture.

A Prayer Meeting
War in the Heavenlies

No comments:

Post a Comment