Tuesday, April 25, 2023

The Lord Chastens Those Whom He Loves

 

A friend of mine recently went on a trip from Arizona to Maine.  But it was not God's will for her to go on that trip and the Lord chastened her for her disobedience.  It reminded me of my hitchhiking travels throughout the United States (1996-2020):  if I was going in the wrong direction, I would not get a ride.  Jesus Christ was Lord over my hitchhiking.

Here is her story:

I Don't Get Why So MANY People Have Zero Fear Of The Lord

Here are a few comments from that post:

My comment:  Pauli: When I saw the photo of your cut lip, it reminded me of what happened to me back in September of 1999.

I had been hitchhiking for over three years at the time. I was standing on an on-ramp on I-95 in Lumberton, North Carolina. These two guys walked up to me and started talking to me. I knew something was not right.

All of a sudden, the smaller guy started hitting me with his fists. I just shoved him aside because he wasn’t doing any damage. Then the bigger guy tackled me and started kicking me IN THE MOUTH. The guy probably kicked me several times in the mouth. Then this car pulled up and this tall guy got out and yelled, “Get the hell out of here!” Those two guys ran off.

He asked me if I was okay. I said, yeah and thanked him. He then drove off.

So I grabbed my backpack and started walking north on I-95. I had a bloody nose. This deputy sheriff saw me walking on the interstate, pulled over and picked me up. He asked, “Were you involved in a fight?” I said, “I just got jumped by two guys.”

Then this lady drove up in her car (she saw the whole thing) and told the deputy sheriff that those two guys walked across the interstate and into that motel. She pointed at the motel.

So the deputy sheriff called for backup, we drove to the motel and they brought three people out of this motel room. I identified the two guys who attacked me.

We drove to the sheriff’s office and they me asked if I wanted to press charges. I said no, because I would have to wait around for the trial or hearing. So I think they charged them with a misdemeanor.

As the deputy sheriff drove me to the sheriff’s office, this scripture welled up within my spirit: The Lord chastens those whom He loves (“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.” Hebrews 12:6)

Why did the Lord chasten me? Because I was grumbling against the Lord. I was saying things like, “Why do I have to do all of this hitchhiking? I am sick of hitchhiking. Why can’t I settle down, get a job and live a normal life?”

GRUMBLING AGAINST THE LORD IS A SIN.

Even though I had a bloody nose, my nose was not broken. The guy kicked me IN THE MOUTH and not the nose. The Lord’s chastenings are absolutely perfect. Or else you could say THE LORD KICKED ME IN THE MOUTH because I was sinning with my mouth.

It was God’s will for me to hitchhike the United States for most of 23 years. Obedience is better than sacrifice. And obedience goes a lot better without grumbling against the Lord.

Jesus Christ was Lord over my hitchhiking.


Pauli's reply:  I get you, Tim.

Lots of people told me this was not the LORD’s chastening. It absolutely WAS.

I also was grumbling: “Why can't I leave this house? Why do I have to live in this desert? Am I supposed to just sit here forever?” “I'm going to console my friend”, ‘I'm going to the sea”….ETC!!

It's part of the prophetic call to ‘sit and wait’ on the Lord – or in YOUR case: Hitchhike for the Lord.


My comment:  Absolutely positively AMEN!

Right on target. Right on target. Right on target. (In the mouth of two or three witnesses, let every word be established.)

Read the several definitions for the Hebrew word PAGA:

PAGA
https://hitchhikeamerica.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/paga-intercession/

Definition #2: “An intercession that hits the exact mark.”

If we are out of God’s will, we cannot hit the exact mark. Or else you could say, if we are out of God’s will, He cannot use us to hit the exact mark. The Lord has you and David in Arizona where the Lord can use you to hit the exact mark. Praise the Lord!

Example: I Samuel 17. David was anointed. He was in God’s will. He saw Goliath; Goliath mocked the armies of the living God; this really pissed off David. Because David was in God’s will (protection, covering, anointing), David was able to sling that stone and HIT THE EXACT MARK! Goliath was killed and a Satanic stronghold was taken down.

An Interview with Andrew Whalen, Johnny Enlow & Steve Shultz

52:50 - 53:00:  "The highest and most powerful weapon is waiting on the Lord and His peace."

A Conversation about High Plains Drifter

My Trip of Disobedience Against God Caused a Brother to NOT go on another Trip! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment