Friday, December 10, 2010

He Beheld the City and Wept Over It

Jesus weeping over Jerusalem


Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
1 December 2010

Luke 19: 41-44: “And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it. Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side. And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.”

“He beheld the city and wept over it.”

There have been times in my life when I have wept in the Holy Ghost (as opposed to weeping in the flesh or weeping with fleshly emotion). Usually, when I have wept in the Holy Ghost, it is because someone or a group of people have rejected Christ within me. Either they rejected the words that came out of my mouth or they rejected my life of obedience to the Lord.

Sometimes I think that this weeping is a warning to people in sin or a premonition of God’s wrath to come. I once wept violently at the altar of this church back in Iowa because they rejected the Holy Ghost. I once wept over a relative of mine who was an unbeliever—that relative was very antagonistic towards the Gospel.

The Lord had me hitchhike to New York state back in 1998; I visited a church in Manhattan and I began to weep quietly as I sat in the pew. I have always wondered why that happened. I guess there was something wrong with that church that I couldn’t see with my physical eyes. The Holy Ghost searches and knows and judges all things. I sat in that pew for two hours meditating on the Lord; when I walked out of that church, the Holy Ghost fell gloriously on me and I was burning up with the Presence of God the rest of the day. It seemed like the Lord was rewarding me for walking out of that church.

_____

Shiloh
By Tim Shey

Brutal deathdance;
My eyes weep blood.
Pharisees smile like vipers,
They laugh and mock their venom:
Blind snakes leading
The deaf and dumb multitude.

Where are my friends?
The landscape is dry and desolate.
They have stretched my shredded body
On this humiliating tree.

The hands that healed
And the feet that brought good news
They have pierced
With their fierce hatred.

The man-made whip
That opened up my back
Preaches from a proper pulpit.
They sit in comfort:
That vacant-eyed congregation.
The respected, demon-possessed reverend
Forks his tongue
Scratching itchy ears
While Cain bludgeons
Abel into silence.

My flesh in tattered pieces
Clots red and cold and sticks
To the rough-hewn timber
That props up my limp, vertical carcase
Between heaven and earth.
My life drips and puddles
Below my feet,
As I gaze down dizzily
On merciless eyes and dagger teeth.

The chapter-and-versed wolves
Jeer and taunt me.
Their sheepwool clothing
Is stained black with the furious violence
Of their heart of stone.
They worship me in lip service,
But I confess,
I never knew them
(Though they are my creation).

My tongue tastes like ashes:
It sticks to the roof of my mouth.
I am so thirsty.
This famine is too much for me.
The bulls of Bashan have bled me white.
Papa, into your hands
I commend my Spirit.

Ethos
February/March 1997
Iowa State University

Genesis 49: 10: “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment