Monday, December 6, 2010

Hitchhiking in Wyoming







This is a video of Tim Shey standing on U.S. 26 between Moran Junction and Jackson, Wyoming. The footage was taken by Randy Mulhall on 4 December 2010. Randy picked up Tim when he was hitchhiking just west of Kinnear, Wyoming; Randy drove him all the way to Victor, Idaho. In the video, Randy and Tim are heading due south. Jackson is straight ahead twenty-some miles in the distance.  The Teton Mountains are to the right of the camera hidden from view.

A Thumb and a Prayer
Hitchhiking Stories from Digihitch
Hitchhiking. Moscow - Sakhalin. Part 1.

5 comments:

  1. If you wear long underwear and dress in layers and keep moving, you can stay warm. For me, the best temperature to hitchhike in is probably between 20 and 40 degrees F. I have walked in 20 below zero weather and it is a challenge, but you get a ride eventually--and the Lord is with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear your voice brother! :D You sound so full of LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jveight: It is the power of the Holy Ghost. I hope things are going well with you.

    Zechariah 4: 6: "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian hitchers? How awesome! I'm 55 yrs old and thinking about hitting the road with my rucksack and my thumb out. (Or better yet--a sign with my destination imprinted.) I may be too old for this but I guess I'll find out. Thinking of hitching 1200 miles to Wyoming from Tennessee. Maybe this is middle-aged crazy talking but for some reason laying along the road in a field looking at the stars at night is very appealing to me. Am I insane? Why do I want to do this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will meet a lot of great people on the road.

      Here are some hitchhiking stories that you might like to read:

      https://hitchhikeamerica.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/hitchhiking-stories-from-digihitch/

      Delete