Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The U.S. Senate


Dreams from the LORD 2007-2010
3 February 2009

Last night I had a dream where I was in the U.S. Senate Chamber or in a large room adjoining the Senate Chamber. There were all of these Senators milling around and talking with each other. I saw Senator John McCain of Arizona walk out of the room. Then this big, fat Senator gave a fairly long speech. After his speech, he lay down on the floor flat on his back with his arms and legs spread out—he looked like he was absolutely exhausted.

Then this other Senator began to speak. He was very large and had long gray hair and a long gray beard; the hair of his moustache was very long and covered up his mouth. He looked like an absurd version of Santa Claus.

Because of what I saw in the Senate, I didn’t take it seriously. The U.S. Senate is supposed to be one of the most exclusive clubs in the world. It looked like a big zoo where nothing was getting done.


__________

The U.S. Supreme Court

2 October 2008

Last night I had a dream where I was at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. I was walking in this dining area when I noticed Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa; we spoke to each other for a little while.

Then, as I walked through the dining area, a Supreme Court Justice walked up to me, took a hold of my left arm and led me to a table where we could sit and talk for a while. This other Supreme Court Justice sat down with us. The three of us watched and talked about this court proceeding that was being televised on a TV screen in the dining room. The one Supreme Court Justice did most of the talking. I believe the court proceeding had to do with a man on trial for murder.

I believe this dream means that the next President of the United States will have to fill two Supreme Court vacancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment